[Haskell-cafe] Pretty-printer for Text

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:45:49 EDT 2010

On 27 October 2010 10:27, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about my other queries (e.g. to keep SimpleDoc or not)?

SimpleDoc is fully exposed so you can write your own outputters after
the library has done the hard work of width formatting if you need
them.

Although I can't remember using SimpleDoc myself, except in a
composition of renderPretty and displayIO I'd still be tempted to keep
it around. It adds utility but can be largely ignored in normal use,
so doesn't make the library significantly more complicated.