[Haskell-cafe] what is the status of haskell's mail libraries?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Oct 27 06:05:18 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Henk-Jan van Tuyl <hjgtuyl at chello.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 04:46:07 +0200, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I just release mime-mail[1], which can construct multipart messages.
>
> Note, that this will not run on Windows, as it gives command
>  /usr/sbin/sendmail

The sendmail feature will not work on Windows (and you're right, I
should document that more clearly). However, rendering of email
messages is completely cross-platform, and there was some talk of
getting either HaskellNet or SMTPClient to work with mime-mail, which
would allow direct sending of email via SMTP.

Michael