[Haskell-cafe] Does it deserve to be a hackage package?

Dmitry V'yal akamaus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 04:13:35 EDT 2010

Hello haskellers,

While ago I had a question about opening the url in the default browser
from haskell program. I didn't get any immediate answers so I wrote my
own solution. On Linux it uses xdg-open and on Windows - ShellExecute Api.

Later I received a letter saying what similar functionality was recently
implemented in trunk version of gtk2hs but is currently unavailable as
binary package.

Code I wrote works quite well for my purposes and I copied it into
several my programs. In order to make maintenance easier I recently
thought about uploading it to hackage. But given a wast amount of
half-dead packages with intersecting functionality there I'd like to ask
the opinion of community. Does such library look helpful to you?

Dmitry