[haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] MissingPy 0.10.5

Matt Brown matt at softmechanics.net
Tue Oct 26 13:41:43 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I've recently taken over maintenance of MissingPy, and pushed version
0.10.5 to hackage[1].  This includes two notable improvements:
 - fix build errors for python >= 2.5
 - allow calling into multi-threaded python code (requires python >= 2.3).

I'm trying to provide support for as many python versions as possible,
though I still have more testing to do. Help in this area would be
most appreciated.  Please report any bugs via my github repo [2].
Examples can be found in the testsrc directory.   A good introduction
by Tim Lopez is also available [3].

withGIL provides the easiest way to call into threaded python code.  I
haven't added any examples of its usage yet, but the gist of it is:
> withGIL $ do <some python stuff>

I'll try to add some actual examples soon.

Thanks,
-matt

[1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/MissingPy
[2]: http://github.com/softmechanics/missingpy/issues