[Haskell-cafe] Parsec in Haskell platform

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 24 06:59:31 EDT 2010

On 24/10/2010 11:10 AM, Johan Tibell wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Andrew Coppin
> <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com>  wrote:
>> It would be nice to have a page that lists everything included in every HP
>> release, together with their version numbers. (So that, e.g., I can see at a
>> glance what version of GHC, Haddock or cabal-install is in HP-2009.1.0.0.)
>> All this information must exist somewhere, it's just not easily viewable on
>> the web.
> http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/changelog.html
>
> There's a Cabal file somewhere specifying all the package in the
> platform (including binaries like Happy.)

I'm pretty sure there used to be a link to the .cabal file somewhere,
but now I can't seem to find it. Instead, I had to navigate to the Unix
download page, download the source tarball, untar it (non-trivial under
Windows), and hunt around for the .cabal file. And *then* I can find out
what's in [the current release of] HP.

It would be nice if there was a table on the website somewhere that I
could just glance at to get the same information.

[Also, regarding the page linked above... Who the hell uses <strong> for
section heading?! Why wou-- oh, wait. It's Pandoc? I guess that also
explains why we have ASCII-art arrows ["->"] rather than real arrows
["&rarr;"]. And presumably this stuff is written by hand, becuase GHC is
missing an arrow...]