[Haskell-cafe] Redy to release gtk2hs-0.12.0!

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 06:40:51 EDT 2010

Felipe Lessa <felipe.lessa at gmail.com> writes:

> Great!  What's new in 0.12.0?  I don't see a NEWS file and the ChangeLog is old.

Use command "darcs changes" see detail.

The NEWS in gtk2hs-0.12.0 :

* Support all APIs from GTK+2.8 ~ GTK+2.22
  Look http://www.gtk.org/language-bindings.html
  Of course, if some work Haskell library can do better, we won't binding.

* Support newest GIO library (Cross platform file APIs)
  You can use GIO develop cross-platform file-manager, like this :
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/48809572@N02/4793031888/lightbox/

* Fix *many* GObject's memory leak (derive from GObject but not derive GInitiallyUnowned)
  Example, now you can use Pixbuf build your own ImageViewer, and no memory leak!
  There is memory monitor for image viewer :
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/48809572@N02/5063946143/lightbox/

* And many bugs fix.

Cheers,

  -- Andy