[Haskell-cafe] JavaScript in a browser as a Windows GUI?

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 21 13:04:53 EDT 2010

  On 21/10/2010 01:28 AM, Anton van Straaten wrote:
> Andrew Coppin wrote:
>> I'd like to have a go at writing CGI in Haskell.
>> Does anybody know of a solution that works on Windows?
> I've previously run Happstack on Windows.  That was a couple of years
> ago, though, so I don't know whether its Windows support is currently
> working.

My understanding is that Happstack is a very large, powerful and complex
framework for writing Haskell web applications. I was under the
impression that you use it by statically linking the HTTP server and the
actual application together, rather than Happstack providing a standard
CGI interface that an external application can then use.