[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Weekly News: Issue 155 - October 20, 2010

Jean-Marie Gaillourdet jmg at gaillourdet.net
Thu Oct 21 09:22:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 21.10.2010, at 11:38, Ketil Malde wrote:

> Malcolm Wallace <malcolm.wallace at me.com> writes:
>
>> might value HWN as a quick-summary catchup of community news.  Can you
>> resume posting HWN there as well please?
>
> s/as well/instead/g
+1

> I'm always getting two copies of everything in haskell@, since
> everything is cross-posted to -cafe.  Are there actually people
> subscribed to -cafe, but *not* to haskell@?  And if so, why?

Over the last year the volume of traffic in haskell-cafe has increased so much, that I am often not able to follow everything. Which means there are often hundreds of emails in my haskell-cafe folder marked as new.

Having announcements separated or in haskell@ would be IMHO a real improvement.

If every announcement or periodic status update (as e.g. HWN) is cross posted then there is no need for having two separate mailinglist. And I'd assume there is no majority in favor of merging those two mailinglist.

-- Jean