[Haskell-cafe] Announce: splot-0.1.1

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 04:41:22 EDT 2010

Hi cafe,

I wrote yet another tiny visualization tool for my purposes and
uploaded it on hackage.

splot is a tool for visualizing the lifecycle of many concurrent
multi-stage processes.

For example, I'm using it to find the performance bottlenecks in a
distributed application: processes are tasks and tasks have stages
like "task in queue", "validating", "running", "response in queue".

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Splot

The tool is very basic but sufficient for my purposes. I'll be happy
if anyone else also finds it useful (or not useful, but tells me in
which exact way).

P.S. Remember, there's also
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Timeplot - a tool with similar
purpose but a different (and bigger) set of features. There's a new
version coming in a few days.
However, I wasn't able to quickly implement the functionality of splot
in Timeplot, and I needed it quickly, so I wrote a separate tool.

--
Eugene Kirpichov
Senior Software Engineer,