[Haskell-cafe] [ANNAUNCE] ghcjs-0.1.0 Haskell to Javascript compiler

Victor Nazarov asviraspossible at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:01:14 EDT 2010

I've been working on this for some month and I think now I'm ready to
share the results.

http://github.com/sviperll/ghcjs

Haskell to Javascript translator
================================

Project aims to provide solution to

 * compile modern Haskell libraries to Javascript files and use
   them in Ajax applications or
 * develop entire Ajax application in Haskell language

Building
--------

Code builds as standard haskell package

    $ runghc Setup configure
    $ runghc Setup build
    $ runghc Setup install

Usage
-----

To compile Haskell module to Javascript use `ghcjs` command.

    $ ghcjs Test.hs

This command is merely equivalent to the following

    $ ghc --make Test.hs

but it compiles to Javascript instead of native code.

See examples folder for an example of loading and running haskell code
from browser.

Status
------

The code is in alpha stage. Feel free to experiment with it as you wish.

Implementation

Compiler is implemented as [GHC](http://www.haskell.org/ghc/) backend
using GHC API. And been tested with GHC 6.12.1.

--
Victor Nazarov