[Haskell-cafe] Re: Should Yesod.Mail be a separate package?

Robert Wills wrwills at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 09:32:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:

> This is *exactly* the kind of high-level interface I was hoping
> someone would provide ;). Anyone have any objections to this being the
> de-facto "simple" interface for mime-mail?

Cool.  It might be good to have something a little more composable so
eg you could add
ccs without having to drop down to the lower-level.

> I can help out there. A lazy ByteString is nothing more than a lazy
> list of strict ByteStrings. This can be more efficient since we don't
> need a gigantic single block of memory, and can also allow us to
> generate data lazily, one chunk at a time. Converting a lazy
> ByteString to a strict one can be done with:

Great that worked.  I'll have a look at HaskellNet and see how easy
it'll be to change.

I've put the file I was playing with up here:
http://gist.github.com/632222

-Rob