[Haskell-cafe] Re: Should Yesod.Mail be a separate package?

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Sun Oct 17 15:00:36 EDT 2010

Quoth Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com>,
> I wonder what it would take to make it so that the message body could
> be multipart mime...

Well, here's what it takes for me -

- function to determine file type of attachment (e.g., image/jpeg)
- data encoding (base64, maybe quoted-printable, others)
- randomly generated separator string
- a few standard header lines like "MIME-Version: 1.0"

Not that I actually randomize the separator string, but I should,
and I base64 encode everthing.  My obscure platform provides the
function to determine file type.

	Donn