[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com recent changes (and I need some
michael at snoyman.com
Thu Oct 14 05:25:45 EDT 2010
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Henning Thielemann
<schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de> wrote:
> Michael Snoyman schrieb:
>> As a side point, I'm wondering how I should let everyone know about
>> the new features on the site. Emailing the cafe each time would be
>> stupid (and spam); posting to my twitter or my blog won't hit the
>> whole audience.
> Regarding the news comments by Disqus on haskellers.com: Why do they
That's the way Disqus rolls ;). If I'm not mistaken, I think they have
could be mistaken.
Adding a custom Haskellers comment system is a possibility. Here are
* Can have more graceful degradation.
* Use your Haskellers account for posting comments (big plus here).
* Comments would probably load faster.
* Takes more time.
* Will never have all the features that Disqus has (Reddit reactions,
* Might make it more difficult for people without Haskellers accounts
to comment (I don't think I care about this).
More information about the Haskell-Cafe