[Haskell-cafe] a couple of cabal related questions

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 23:41:32 EDT 2010

On 13 October 2010 02:00, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 15:34, Dmitry V'yal <akamaus at gmail.com> wrote:
>> By the way, the 'version' variable doesn't mentioned in Cabal user guide, or
>> at least I missed it. Is it documented somewhere?
>
> I don't know, I think I found it in the source more or less by mistake :-)

Yeah, I think that's the common consensus; there is _some_
documentation of the Paths_foo module in the Cabal user guide, but it
doesn't cover much.

One thing I do wish was possible: the ability to use a "stub"
Paths_foo module for testing purposes (as currently you have to have
done a "cabal configure && cabal build" to get it), but I couldn't
find a way to do so without Cabal packaging the stub version when
creating the distribution tarball :s

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com