[Haskell-cafe] The Haskell theme

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:17:25 EDT 2010

To kick off discussion about Haskell's general theme, as discussed
recently, here's some random ideas.

Going with the original colours of the nominated Haskell logo, and
kinda what's been done here:
http://new-www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3577/ideasv.png

To download the Inkscape SVG grab it here:
http://chrisdone.com/designs/haskell-theme-1.svg

I don't know what I was thinking here but it seemed like fun:
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1827/rect5935.png

I get bored really quickly, I was alright for 15 minutes and then I
lost the will to point and click. Anyway, I was thinking rather than
trying to come up with a brilliant all-encompassing design, we could
agree on conventions:

* colours
* headings
* spacing
* links
* the particular incarnation of the logo

etc.

I'm pretty happy to go with the colour theme of
http://new-www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell

Haskellers.com also makes me think we need an umbrella theme that
encompasses all Haskell sites.

Maybe we should do a theme poll like the logo poll. I don't know.
Regardless, I think we do need to decide on something and stick with
it. Should this discussion be taken to the web devel mailing list? Is
that appropriate?