[Haskell-cafe] Re: A question regarding cmdargs package

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 04:02:05 EDT 2010

>> This makes me curious.  What's the use case where you want to allow the user
>> to pass arguments on the command line, but you don't want that user to
>> be able
>> to use '--help' to find out what arguments may be passed?
>
> When you don't want to bother defining the help options/descriptions? :p
>
> (alternatively, you may wish to provide a more full-featured version
> like what darcs does by using a pager)

You can already do this with CmdArgs. If you use cmdArgsMode/process
it returns a structure populated to say what to do next (i.e. display
a help message), but you are welcome to do something different, or do
what it says in a different way. However, I can see some people might
want to remove help entirely, so I'll try and find a balance.

Thanks, Neil