[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com recent changes (and I need some volunteers)

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 08:14:21 EDT 2010

> From: Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>
>
> Also, now 10 random profiles will be displayed on the homepage. Only
> "verified users" will be displayed here. I'm also considering adding a
> new status as well: real picture, so that only people with real images
> (not cartoons, not identicons) can show up on the homepage. I think
> this might give a more professional feel. Thoughts?

I agree that it would be nice to use only real pictures, however I wouldn't
want to leave out those who choose not to use any image at all.

What about a site policy that user images must be real pictures (if they
exist), and violations can be flagged/blocked?  Although, I don't know how
this would interact with using OpenID, which appears to be most of the users
currently displaying an identicon.

John