[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: tls, native TLS/SSL protocol implementation

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Oct 10 05:05:30 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Vincent Hanquez <tab at snarc.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 08:47:39AM +0200, Michael Snoyman wrote:
>> By the way, a native zlib implementation would definitely go on my
>> wishlist. Any takers? ;)
>
> Me too ! that's the only thing that prevented me from adding the compression
> layer to TLS. as such it's on my todo list, but really really low priority ;)

Well, it's not a native (= pure Haskell) implementation, but I just
released zlib-bindings[1] the provides a more Haskell-ish interface
than the raw C API of zlib, yet a more low-level and stream-oriented
API than the zlib package. I've put up a little blog post explaining
the package a bit[2].

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/zlib-bindings
[2] http://docs.yesodweb.com/blog/announcing-zlib-bindings/