[Haskell-cafe] Re: Polyvariadic functions operating with a monoid

Kevin Jardine kevinjardine at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 08:28:25 EDT 2010

Hi Bartek,

Yes, it compiles, but when I try to use polyToMonoid', it turns out
that this function is no longer polyvariadic, unlike the original
polyToMonoid .

This may be what Luke meant when he wrote "you lose composability".

Even with the extra unwrap function I think that this is pretty cool,
but I would ideally like to hide the unwrap.

Kevin