[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: tls, native TLS/SSL protocolimplementation

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sat Oct 9 04:10:28 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 02:08:29PM +0200, Christopher Done wrote:
> Indeed. Easier to install, easier to hack on (for Haskellers). Haskell
> program coverage, debugging, extending your quickcheck tests, etc.

absolutely.

I'm certainly hoping to quickcheck all that is quickcheckable. The next thing i
want to add to the tests is the TLS startup configuration, to that quickcheck test
every possible handshake scenario (certificate, no certificate, block cipher,
stream cipher, RSA, DH, DSA, TLS1.2, TLS1.1, TLS1.0, SSL3, etc).

There's also the type-system experience, which raise the safety experience massively.
I feel much better seeing pure functions and clearly bounded types instead of a pointer
to the whole world as it is quite common in gnutls and openssl.

--
Vincent