[Haskell-cafe] How to make cabal pass flags to happy?

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 10:55:06 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I want to do something I thought would be quite simple, but try as I
might I can't find neither information nor examples on how to achieve
it.

What I want specifically is to have happy produce a GLR parser from my
.ly file, and I want this to happen during 'cabal install'. Which in
turn means I want cabal to pass the "--glr" flag to happy during
setup. My best guess is that I might want to use 'ppHappy' [1], or
something in the vicinity, but there's no documentation for the
combinator and it's far from obvious how to pass arguments to it.

... help? :-)

Cheers,

/Niklas