[Haskell-cafe] [Off-topic]Functional parsing theory

bieniusa bieniusa at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 6 17:38:56 EDT 2010

It's not entirely clear what you mean:

Do you want to describe grammars or parsers functionally:

In the first case, parser combinators are what you want (or some
encoding of them). There are many variations on these: LL(k),
context-free, dependent. Cyclicity (of what kind?) or empty productions
are not necessarily a problem.

If you already parsed the input to an abstract syntax tree, and want to
act on this input in terms of your grammar, then attribute grammars are
what you are looking for.

- Arie