[Haskell-cafe] Haskellers.com profiles: advice requested

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Oct 6 14:10:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 October 2010 20:11, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After finally getting OpenID 2 support worked out, I've now put up the
>> Haskellers.com website[1].
>
> For me at least, when I try to use my wordpress.com OpenID, I get this message:
>
> "Do you want to pass your http://ivanmiljenovic.wordpress.com/ identity to ?"
>
> Should that be saying haskellers.com or something there?

It's fixed now. It's because wordpress is not following the
recommendations in the OpenID 1.1 spec[1]. In particular, if
trust_root is missing, the OP should default the value to return_to,
which Wordpress is not doing. Easy enough to fix: simply send
trust_root along with return_to.

Complete side note: it's kind of funny that OpenID let's you specify
some completely arbitrary string to appear in the resulting
webpage[2].

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://openid.net/specs/openid-authentication-1_1.html#anchor16