[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell web development entries on the Wiki

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Oct 6 10:33:07 EDT 2010

On Wed, 6 Oct 2010, Christopher Done wrote:

> On 6 October 2010 14:16, Henning Thielemann

>> If you think the re-structuring is necessary, then at least ask the
>> maintainers, whether they still maintain their packages, or just sort
>> the packages according to the degree of activity you assume, but stay
>> away from categorizing the packages in "active" and "inactive" based on
>> speculation.
>
> Okay, don't worry about it, I'll do it!

Thank you!

How about mailing to the package maintainers in order to inform they, that
the Web application list on the Wiki has changed? I'm afraid not all
authors follow haskell-cafe or haskell-web.

httpd-shed seems to be missing in Servers. I also like to see HWS
mentioned in Servers as it is the ancestor of some Haskell Web Server
projects (WASH-wsp, MoHWS, and what was the name of the CGI thing?). For
me the Wiki is not only a place that describes cutting edge software but
also a place to help understand how things evolved. HWS is still
interesting, because its quite basic, so it's still a good start if you
like to program your own server. It is not necessary to be maintained in
order to be interesting.