[Haskell-cafe] ByteString missing rewrite RULES (zipWith' f a = pack . zipWith f a)

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 14:17:31 EDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 18:07, Thomas DuBuisson
<thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com> wrote:
> If not, perhaps we could make "chunkOverhead = max 16 (2 *
> sizeOf (undefined ::Int))" so it will be the same on 64 and 32
> bit systems (a 128 bit boundary, nice and fast for most modern
> cipher algorithms, sadly asking for it to match hash block
> sizes is a bit much).

  I don't have a horse in this race; but I am curious as to why
  you wouldn't ask for `chunkOverhead = 16' as that seems to be
  your intent as well as what the expression works out to on any
  machine in common use.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/