[Haskell-cafe] Lazy evaluation from "Why Functional programming matters"

C K Kashyap ckkashyap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 10:52:25 EDT 2010

> Yes. It would slightly easier in, say,  C# or C++.
> I think 'D' achieves its implementation of the 'lazy' keyword using a
> similar approach.
> But I did not understand why you are disappointed ?

The disappointment was not on a serious note ... the thing is, I
constantly run into discussions
about "why fp" with my colleagues - in a few of such discussions, I
had mentioned that Haskell is the
only well known language with lazy evaluation (IIRC, I read it
somewhere or heard it in one of the videos)

And I had built up this impression that laziness distinguished Haskell
by a huge margin ... but it seems that is not the case.
Hence the disappointment.

--
Regards,
Kashyap