[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell web development entries on the Wiki

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 3 05:59:10 EDT 2010

On 3 October 2010 06:51, Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com> wrote:
>>> * Does pass.net still exist anywhere? Same for parallel web.
>>
>> I couldn't find any references to pass.net.
>
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Web/Existing_software

I meant that I remember adding it, but I couldn't find any references
for it. I.e. it's dead. Maybe we can split that page by
active/inactive too.

> I would recommend *not* qualifying the active/recommended stuff. Maybe
> "Frameworks" and "Frameworks/Inactive". I personally wouldn't want to
> group new, unevaluated code with inactive: I think we should give the
> new players the same publicity as the established products on the main
> page, but perhaps with a little label explaining how new/untested it
> is.

Trouble is most on the Web/Frameworks page are still /available/ but
it's hard to see if they're "active" i.e. people are still using them,
or whether they're still build-able. Perhaps it would be best to
create the Frameworks/Inactive page and then at the top of the
Frameworks page say "Inactive frameworks are listed here." and then
when someone is definitely sure something is defunct they can move it.
Or what do we do?