[Haskell-cafe] Re: I still cannot seem to get a GUI working under Windows.

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Sat Oct 2 14:02:21 EDT 2010

For another model of GUIs, see Tangible Values (
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/TV), which is composable MVC.

And amen to targeting GPUs.

In addition to getting clunky, imperative GUI frameworks like wx & gtk
working robustly and easily in Haskell across platforms, I'd love to see
more powerful, functional-friendly re-thinking of UIs.  And if a new
generation of GUIs comes out scrapping legacy toolkits, and the look is not
what people are used to, then exploiting GPUs and good visual design could
lead to something that looks better and is more fun to use.

I imagine someone looking at a lovely app and saying, "Wow -- great
interface!  I bet it was programmed in Haskell."

   - Conal