[Haskell-cafe] Re: Coding conventions for Haskell?

Jan Christiansen jac at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Fri Oct 1 04:53:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 01.10.2010, at 09:57, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:

> I think this is much more readable, since you can easily see which of
> those lines belong together.

I wonder whether there are empirical results which show that a certain
kind of spacing is more readable for a certain kind of programmer (for
example, experienced, novice, ...).

I remember that I once read a paper about camelCase vs. underscore
function names. I think that they came to the conclusion that
camelCase is advantages for non-programmers but there was no
difference when they tested programmers. But I might be wrong here.

Cheers,
Jan