[Haskell-cafe] Re: Eq instance for Chan

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 17:37:35 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Mitar <mmitar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Simon Marlow <marlowsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's just an oversight.  Send us a patch, or make a ticket for it?
>
> Done:

Nice!

Officially your patch has to go through the "Library submission" process:

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

Since you already have a ticket the only thing left to do is convert
your patch to a darcs patch and send a proposal to the libraries list.

To save you some work I've created and tested the attached darcs patch
that adds the single line "deriving Eq" to Control.Concurrent.Chan.

If you want to create your own patch you need to get the GHC sources
(which include the libraries). See:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building

Be sure to also include a deadline in your proposal. I think one week is enough.

Regards,

Bas