[Haskell-cafe] Re: How to generalize executing a series of commands, based on a list?

steffen steffen.siering at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:40:52 EST 2010

1. Write one routine, which does all the work for just one command.
2. use sequence or mapM, mapM_ from Control.Monad (depending on your
needs),
   to apply your function to a list of commands

accumulating results you may want to process the output of "sequence"
or use the WriterT Monad Transformer.

If you want to stop processing the rest of the list on error, either
write a recursive function yourself or use foldM or use ErrorT Monad
Transformer.