[Haskell-cafe] Re: Add haskell-src as an official machine-readable component of the Haskell standard

Christopher Done chrisdone at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:48:23 EST 2010

On 16 November 2010 16:24, Niklas Broberg <niklas.broberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> (Moving to Café)
>
> > (Examples of controversies possible in haskell-src: we have the Hs
> > prefix on constructors everywhere, we can't provide fixity information
> > (and the haskell-src-exts implementation of this is unsatisfactory in
> > several important ways) ...
>
> What ways? http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts/ :-)

For what it's worth, I'm writing an sexpr haskell -> vanilla haskell
converter, so I built an AST with haskell-src-exts and use the pretty
printer to output haskell. I can rewrite (* 1 2 3) to 1 * 2 * 3, or (-> a b
c d) to a -> b -> c -> d, and thus associativity is preserved. Pretty nice.
Anyway, thanks for your awesome library. :-)