[Haskell-cafe] Re: typeclass namespace rational?

Jonathan Geddes geddes.jonathan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 22:37:05 EST 2010

2 seconds after sending I realized the issue is in module exports:

>Module String where (String(..))

is that exporting some concrete ADT with all of its constructors or an
abstract type class with all of its methods?

Its too bad that Classes and ADTs overlap in export syntax and as such
must share a namespace. I would much prefer

>Module String where (class String(..), data String(..), someOtherFunction)

which I think is easier for the reader anyway.

--Jonathan