[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE zeno 0.1.0

Petr Pudlak deb at pudlak.name
Sat Nov 13 03:31:25 EST 2010

     Hi Will,

I was wondering, Zeno capable of proving just equational statements, or
is it able to prove more general statements about programs? In
particular, it would be interesting if Zeno would be able to prove that
a function is total by verifying that it uses only structural
(inductive) recursion (on a well defined inductive type), i.e. each
recursive function call must be on a syntactic subcomponent of its
parameter. And dually, one might want to prove that a function is
corecursive, meaning that each recursive call is guarded by a
constructor.

     Best regards,
     Petr