Better Records was Re: [Haskell-cafe] Type Directed Name Resolution

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at
Fri Nov 12 15:29:49 EST 2010

On 11/11/2010 11:48 PM, John Lask wrote:
> again quoting
> "Haskell lacks a serious record system. (The existing mechanism for
> named fields in data types was always seen as a stop-gap measure.)"
> isn't it about time this changed?

Records do leave quite a bit to be desired. But does anybody actually
have a concrete alternative proposal yet?

Personally I'm not really keen on TDNR; I'd prefer records that aren't
so inconvenient. But I have no idea how to design that.