[Haskell-cafe] Opportunity for Haskell porting to java at R&D labs in Bay Area, CA

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Fri Nov 12 05:07:41 EST 2010

David Fox <ddssff at gmail.com> writes:

> I would hesitate to call it a terrible decision unless I had a good
> idea of what the ratio of Java programmers to Haskell programmers was
> out in the world.  Just sayin...

I'm not sure the ratio is very interesting, presumably they only need
one or at most a few.  Possibly they wouldn't be able to hire the
experienced Haskell programmer anyway (which is what you imply) and
then advertising for a Java programmer only is a good decision in that it
saves them some advertising cost... :-)

-k