[Haskell-cafe] Serialization of (a -> b) and IO a

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:57:47 EST 2010

On 11 November 2010 18:01, C. McCann <cam at uptoisomorphism.net> wrote:

> For instance, assuming serialize can be applied to functions of any
> type, it would probably be trivial to write a function (isExpr :: a ->
> Bool) that reports whether an arbitrary term is a primitive value or
> the result of some expression [SNIP]

Persistent functional languages usually give serialized values
including closures a dynamic type. So can you write isExpr :: Dynamic
-> Bool ?

As Persistent Haskell and Clean (both pure functional languages) have
already supported serializing closures / HOFs I'm not sure its really
a such semantical can of worms as this thread suggests.