[Haskell-cafe] build-type: configure on windows

Nils Schweinsberg ml at n-sch.de
Thu Nov 11 06:23:21 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm having a few problems with cabals build-type "configure" on windows,
especially with the packages "curl" and "pcre-light". Both fail either with:

     configure: error: curl libraries not found, so curl package cannot
be built

     Configuring pcre-light-0.4...
     cabal: Missing dependency on a foreign library:
     * Missing C library: pcre

Both libraries (pcre3.dll and libcurl.dll) are in my PATH variable, and
I can build other non-haskell-applications which are using these via
mingws gcc compiler. But still, somehow cabal seems unable to find them.
Using the recommanded "--extra-include-dirs" and "--extra-lib-dirs"
won't help either. Or is cabal looking for different files than those
two .dlls?

Can anyone help me on this? Did anyone manage to build curl/pcre-light
on windows?

My current configuration is MinGW/msys with gcc 4.5, ghc 6.12.3,
cabal-install 0.8.2, cabal 1.8.0.6. libcurl.dll and pcre.dll are the
latest builds from the official webpages.

Thanks for any Help,
Nils

PS: Sorry for the previous (incomplete) mail.