[Haskell-cafe] Re: Finding the contents of haskell platform?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:59:03 EST 2010

Hello John

Thanks for the information - after I posted that message I read the
CSS section of Yannis Haralambous's "Fonts & Encodings" (_the_ book of
all things font) and it has this text:

"In other words, the browser will check not only the existence of a
given font but also the existence of each glyph in each font, one by
one, and will choose for each glyph the font that contains it."

So Browsers do know an awful lot about the installed fonts.

Best wishes

Stephen