[Haskell-cafe] How can I use MACID in my existing application?

Corentin Dupont corentin.dupont at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 05:51:03 EST 2010

Thanks a lot Jeremy.
That was also what I finally understood.
I cannot coerce MACID into using my monads.

Instead, in each of my methods, I have to extract the update and query
parts, put them into different functions, and then
register these functions into the MACID system.
Well, this is a bit of refactoring ;)

Indeed, the game is multithreaded / multiplayer.
But only one thread accesses the state of the game (the multiplexing is done
before).
Perhaps this should be made obvious/enforced by the types. But I'm not yet
completely at ease with the STM right now.

Perhaps as you suggest this will be a good starting point to first add the
checkpoint feature in the soft, then later to migrate it to log every
events.

Cheers,
Corentin