[Haskell-cafe] What do you call Applicative Functor Morphism?

roconnor at theorem.ca roconnor at theorem.ca
Sat Nov 6 10:19:35 EDT 2010

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, Sebastian Fischer wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm curious and go a bit off topic triggered by your statement:
> On Nov 6, 2010, at 12:49 PM, roconnor at theorem.ca wrote:
>> An applicative functor morphism is a polymorphic function,
>> eta : forall a. A1 a -> A2 a between two applicative functors A1 and A2 
>> that preserve pure and <*>
> I recently wondered: why "morphism" and not "homomorphism"?

Morphisms can be more general than homomorphisms.  But in this case I mean 
the morphisms which are homomorphisms.  I was too lazy to write out the 
whole word.

Russell O'Connor                                      <http://r6.ca/>
``All talk about `theft,''' the general counsel of the American Graphophone
Company wrote, ``is the merest claptrap, for there exists no property in
ideas musical, literary or artistic, except as defined by statute.''

More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list