[Haskell-cafe] Most popular haskell applications

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 21:20:14 EDT 2010

Hello Ivan,

Saturday, November 6, 2010, 4:05:38 AM, you wrote:

> Possible candidates:
> * GHC
> * XMonad
> * Darcs

for me, darcs and ghc are programmer's instruments. xmonad is real
application, having some utility outside of programmers community.
i'm looking for utility of haskell for "real world". i know that it's
used in-house (as in Deutsche Bank) or to build some solutions. what
i'm looking for is shareware or so, things that are usually written with
Delphi-class languages

> Of course, it's hard to tell: do people actually use those packages
> once they've downloaded them?  How do you measure downloads when some
> people use downstream binaries?

for windows application download counter is good enough measure, at
least while we compare one program with another. unfortunately, xmonad
isn't a windows app :D

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com