[Haskell-cafe] Compiler constraints in cabal

Reiner Pope reiner.pope at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 10:59:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a library, hmatrix-static, on Hackage. Version 0.3 (the current
version) compiles with ghc-6.12.

Let's say I want to upgrade my library using new features in ghc-7.0,
and then release these upgrades as version 0.4. Is there any way to
state in my cabal file that this new version will no longer compile
under ghc-6.12? The reason I would like to state this is so that a
user with ghc-6.12 can do 'cabal install hmatrix-static' (or do a
cabal install of a program depending on hmatrix-static) and see that
cabal will install version 0.3 rather than attempt to install version
0.4 and fail.

Thanks for your help.

Reiner