[Haskell-cafe] Re: "Haskell is a scripting language inspired by Python."

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Nov 4 19:05:05 EDT 2010

On 5/11/2010, at 8:54 AM, Andrew Coppin wrote:
Can you actually run something like Haskell with mere kilobytes of RAM?

There was a Lisp for PDP-11s (64k).
Henderson's LispKit ran on the Apple II, which was pretty small,
and LispKit was basically a lazy Lisp.
To that degree, yes you *can* run something "like" Haskell with
mere kilobytes.

See ftp://ftp.comlab.ox.ac.uk/pub/Documents/techpapers/Geraint.Jones/PRG-TM-32.pdf

To think that when I met LispKit, I said "oh, it's not a *real* Lisp"
and turned away.  Talk about missing the point!