[Haskell-cafe] Re: "Haskell is a scripting language inspired by Python."

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Thu Nov 4 18:59:44 EDT 2010

On 4 Nov 2010, at 22:38, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> The smallest bootstrapped Haskell compiler is NHC which (I think) runs
> in a few MB.

Originally, it needed to be able to compile itself in the 2Mb
available on Niklas's Amiga.  Then he got an upgrade to 4Mb, so he
started to become less disciplined about keeping things small.  :-)  I
haven't checked how much RAM nhc98 needs for bootstrapping recently,
but the Makefile suggests 16Mb of heap + 2Mb of stack is more than
sufficient - it could probably manage with less.

Regards,
     Malcolm