[Haskell-cafe] Re: "Haskell is a scripting language inspired by Python."

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Thu Nov 4 18:41:28 EDT 2010

  On 11/04/2010 03:30 PM, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> KRC, Miranda, and LML all predate Haskell and have list comprehensions.

Just because those languages predate Haskell and have list
comprehensions doesn't mean that they still couldn't have gotten the
idea from Haskel!.  After all, I fully anticipate us using the Haskell
language in the near future to build a time machine that will allow us
to beam some of our insights back to influence earlier programming
languages.

Cheers,
Greg