[Haskell-cafe] What is simplest extension language to implement?

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at me.com
Thu Nov 4 07:30:49 EDT 2010

> ehm. I missed something and ghc api is well documented and stable ?

There are other ways of adding Haskell as a scripting language -
bundling ghc is not necessary.

> It is inacceptable for scripting language, faced to no-programmers.
> Such
> languages must be as plain and regular, as possible.

We give Haskell as a embedded scripting language to non-programmers,
and they love it.  They especially like the strong typing, which finds
their bugs before they ever get the chance to run their script.  The
terseness and lack of similarity to other programming languages is
another benefit.

Regards,
     Malcolm