[Haskell-cafe] What is simplest extension language to implement?

John Lask jvlask at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 2 19:59:56 EDT 2010

On 2/11/2010 9:05 PM, Steffen Schuldenzucker wrote:
> On 11/02/2010 10:40 AM, Yves Parès wrote:
>> Because he would have either to recompile the whole program or to use
>> things like hint, both implying that GHC must be installed on the user
>> side (600Mo+ for GHC 6.12.3)
> Isn't there a way to use some stripped-down version of ghc and the base
> libraries, providing only what the user really needs, in versions which
> are known to work, and supply that together with the application?

there is hugs, which is a small, fast haskell interpreter. It is
embeddable ( exposes a C api for embedding - it is written in C),
supports many language extensions and can be stripped down (in terms of
libraries) as far as you like, but is now often forgotten, overlooked in
so far as haskell implementations go.