[Haskell-cafe] What is simplest extension language to implement?

Donn Cave donn at avvanta.com
Tue Nov 2 11:08:58 EDT 2010

Quoth Henning Thielemann <schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de>,

> Hugs is great for running small Haskell "scripts".

The quotes around "scripts" are well chosen, since it sounds like
you might be using the word in a different sense of `small program',
vs. the extension language notion of a programmable UI.

Haskell's suitability for something like this has come up before.
The worries about its complexity and giant learning curve seem
misplaced to me - as a scripting extension it would have less to do,
so there would be less to learn, I think - but it's all hand-waving
without more concrete ideas about the typical application.

And it's a moot point if there's no way to do it.

	Donn Cave, donn at avvanta.com