[Haskell-cafe] Is Curry alive?

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Mon Nov 1 20:27:05 EDT 2010

  Hey everyone,

This is a little off-topic, but I just ran into a problem which might
benefit from being attacked by a logic language, so I've been looking
for a good one to try out --- and hopefully one that has a very
efficient implementation since I want to iterate through billions and
possibly trillions of nondeterministically generated solutions.  I was
thinking about using Curry, but it looks to me like the language is dead
and hasn't seen much activity for a few years.  Does anyone know about
whether there is still much going on over there?  Or, alternatively, do
you have any suggestions regarding other logic language/implementations
I should check out?  I've also been looking at Prolog but I am having
trouble seeing whether I can process N non-deterministic solutions in
O(1) space (rather than first generating a O(N) size list), and I
checked out Mercury but the documentation for it is a bit sparse.

Thanks!
Greg